Vision and Constitution
BCCEAS has been registered as a non-profit organization in BC since 1994. We are also a registered charity.
Older adults in BC have the right to live with dignity, free from abuse of any kind.
The membership of BCCEAS consists of seniors, service providers, academics and professionals who have been working together to end abuse of seniors in British Columbia for over 15 years.
According to our constitution, we:
- Promote and encourage development of local services and advocacy to support and assist seniors who have been abused
- Provide legal information, representation and other related legal services so that older people who are in need or who are vulnerable to abuse are able to exercise their rights and have access to justice
- Promote the development and dissemination of materials and programs to educate the public on abuse of seniors
- Create a network for sharing information identifying issues and coordinating activities
- Promote research about abuse of seniors
- Promote the rights and interests of seniors who are being abused by advocating on their behalf with governments and other organizations
- Aim to achieve representational membership.